Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hey Chair.

Hubby Foxtrot and I have been very thrifty when it comes to baby. We have been very cautious about buying anything new, especially if it is from China. In the world of baby goods, I must say there is just too much.

This little baby loves a set of measuring spoons or a cereal box just as much, if not more than his colorful plastic talking toys. We have spent a lot of time finding clothes, toys, and other baby goods at second hand stores. Babies grow so fast and most of the hunky, bulky, plastic, primary colored goods end up in a land fill, I don't know that for a fact, but it has got to be true. We didn't want to add to the already growing piles of waste.


                                                          So we found this. From here.


We have a small home and this little chair was the perfect size and the perfect price. (10 bucks!) The color and stains I could have done without. But we brought that baby home and the husband quickly got to work cleaning it. And then we realized why it was such a perfect price. The cover didn't come off without the use of hardware and 15 minutes!? What? Why would a manufacturer do that to a family? A baby chair is a sticky, messy place and it is nice to be able to wash it once and a while.


                                                            So I remedied that, with this.

This sweet little slip cover was easy to make, easy to remove, and easy to wash. All momma's need a little ease in their lives. The whole project should have taken maybe two hours, but when tangoing with baby foxtrot all day, it took a little longer. But hey, I got it all done in one day. (And I had time to make cream of broccoli soup. I'll share my secrets for a perfect roux another day.)

2 comments: